Steeped in Featherston history, this cottage was relocated from the former railway settlement at Cross Creek on the Remutaka incline. The cottage was built at Cross Creek around 1878 when the incline was first opened. Cross Creek was a village of approximately 20 houses, a school and the station. Occupied by railway employees for 77 years, all the buildings at Cross Creek were sold when the line closed with the opening of the tunnel in 1955. This cottage features:
• Open plan kitchen/dining/family room which is the heart of the home with spacious proportions to ensure comfortable family living. French doors open out to a lovely covered deck area for summer entertaining and alfresco dining with family and friends
• A beautiful vintage fireplace adds charm to the cottage in the front parlour and a cozy lounge features a free standing fireplace
• Spacious modern combined bathroom with a corner shower, bath and hot water on gas
• Three double bedrooms
• High stud ceilings and newly carpeted
• The property also features a hobbies room which could also be used as an artist's studio or an office
• Fully fenced with cottage style gardens at the front of the property and mature landscaped gardens at the rear.
This charming c1878 cottage is a celebration of the past and present with all the key ingredients for fantastic family living and entertainment. Situated in a great location being close to town, schools and rail, the property will appeal to many. Call Jacqui or Fran to view the property.